Sunday, September 7, 2014

Who's the Girl in the Country?

Hey everyone! I'm Bonni and here's a little about myself. I'm from a town called Mars which is about 30 mins away from Slippery Rock. I live in the part of Mars that is all backroads and farm land. I come from a large blue collar family and we will basically do anything outdoors. My family is known from our last name, Brown due to the family business Brown Trucking. Now more about me. I have divorced parents and I live with my dad. I also have an older sister and a brother in-law who have a 1 year old daughter. I'm also in a serious relationship with an amazing country guy. I'm a girl who loves dogs, farm animals, and hunting. I could talk about those three things all day even though I come off as a shy person at first. I have two jobs and I love that I work for everything I have. I'm currently a junior/senior at Slippery Rock studying communication with a focus on digital media and a minor in business management. I plan to graduate a year early which will be this coming spring. 


Now onto why i'm taking New Media Journalism. I'm taking this class because social media is a growing industry and I would like to gain more experience in the media side instead of just being a user. I do have to admit, with my busy lifestyle I have not been on social media as often as I once was. In the end I hope that this will help me in my career path someday. This is just a little fun facts about me but check out my social media pages I have listed below! 

SRU Homepage
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram

Now when it comes to a traditional news media outlet I choose http://www.cnn.com I choose CNN because they give around the clock news about everything and anything in the world. The main thing I like is that they will televise big world news stories live until a conclusion is met. An example of this is when there was the Boston Bombing. They live coverage was amazing and I couldn't keep away from CNN.

For a new media outlet I choose https://www.yahoo.com I choose Yahoo because they give interesting stories on anything and its just an easy click away. Also Yahoo provides links to topics that are trending. The aspect I like most is it is just a quick way to see what is going on around the world in just a few clicks to get more information about a certain topic.


Start following my blog because in the country the hunt is never over and getting to know the girl in the country has just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment